WALKING SIDE-BY-SIDE WITH FOSTER AND ADOPTIVE FAMILIES
Alongside exists to provide biblical community and practical support for foster and adoptive families as they walk a beautiful but often challenging journey.
The journey of foster care and adoption can often feel isolating, and the challenges can be overwhelming at times. No one should have to walk this journey alone.
Not everyone is called to foster or adopt, but as the church, we are all called to do something.
Our vision is for every adoptive, foster and even birth family in our community to feel supported and loved by the church as they navigate their unique stories.
Text “Alongside” to (334) 539-0536 to join Alongside on Church Center and stay up to date on upcoming volunteer trainings, events and opportunities to serve!
HOW WE SERVE:
- Care communities – small groups of volunteers who commit to serve a family for 1 year
- Awareness events – opportunities to learn more about foster care and adoption
- Local serve opportunities – meeting needs in the local foster/adoption community
- Resources – connecting people with local resources like trauma-informed therapy, adoption agencies, support groups and more
- Prayer – earnestly praying for vulnerable children in our community and the families caring for them
WHAT IS A CARE COMMUNITY?
Care communities are the primary way we serve foster and adoptive families with Alongside. They are small groups of volunteers who commit to serve a foster family for 1 year (adoptive families may require shorter serve commitments). Care communities provide meals, do light housework, transport children to sports practices, babysit and more. These may feel like simple tasks, but they make a huge difference in the life of foster and adoptive families.
To serve in a care community, join the Alongside group on Church Center and attend an upcoming volunteer training. View upcoming trainings here.